E-Mail Marketing Grows into Prominent CRM Role
New report by Aberdeen Group entitled, "E-Mail Marketing: Relevancy, Retention, and ROI" predicts the sector will exceed $1 billion by 2003.by eCRMGuide.com Staff
Aberdeen Group released a new report entitled, "E-Mail Marketing: Relevancy, Retention, and ROI (return on investment)" that predicts the sector will exceed $1 billion by 2003. The surge in spending can largely be attributed to e-mail's ease, simplicity and cost-effectiveness in order to retain and cultivate long-term customer relationships.
"As marketers have begun to embrace e-mail marketing technology and services, the market has finally displayed the growth that most leaders in the space have been accurately predicting for years," commented Aberdeen research director, Kent Allen and one of the authors of the report. "The next stage of strong growth will see increasingly sophisticated online marketers looking for more complete offerings that allow them to take their e-mail marketing initiatives to the next level -- and that means increased sector consolidation."
The report, written by Allen and Chris Fletcher, Aberdeen's vice president and managing director of customer Relationship Management, comes as result of Aberdeen Group's continuing research into the customer relationship management (CRM) industry. The purpose is to identify key e-mail marketing trends, different approaches employed by vendors in this market and the rapidly changing capabilities of the technology.
- Details critical functions of winning e-mail marketing solutions
- Predicts the broadening and maturation of the marketing automation market
- Outlines the challenges of integrating e-mail marketing with essential marketing automation and CRM application suites
- Evaluates the obstacles and opportunities of rich media
- Segments solution types into four categories and discusses primary advantages and disadvantages
- Highlights attractive verticals
- Profiles prominent suppliers
Headquartered in Boston, Aberdeen Group is a market analysis and positioning services firm that helps information technology vendors. Aberdeen specializes in research practices that focus on emerging market opportunities, market growth rates, important industry trends and customer buying patterns.