Forbes.com Deploys PurpleCRM
The online component to the business magazine will power its sales force automation (SFA) with PurpleCRM a product that capitalizes on the familiarity of Outlook.Forbes.com, the online component to the business magazine, will power its sales force automation (SFA) with PurpleCRM from Purple Solutions, Inc.
PurpleCRM capitalizes on the intuitive interface of Outlook, using its contact forms to capture information that includes customer communication, pertinent company data, sales opportunities and sales forecasts. Forbes chose the scalable solution for its enterprise-wide accessibility and easy deployment, as well as its powerful analytics and forecasting capabilities that allow for customizable journals and reports. PurpleCRM runs on Windows NT Server 4.0 and Windows 2000 Server and integrates with Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server and SQL Server 2000.
In-depth features include:
- Contacts section All possible contact points for your customer are available to record. How they became a customer and what position they hold within their company is quickly ascertained.
- Company information Annual revenue, number of employees, company description and departmental contacts.
- Journal section All customer contacts can be filtered, sorted and tracked. Logs of every communication whether by phone, e-mail, voice mail or fax can be recorded.
- Opportunities section Hosts extensive product and sales stage information.
- Forecast tool Offers precise up-to-the-minute information that enables companies to accurately report their forecasts and earnings.
"The beauty of PurpleCRM software is that it features a user interface based on Microsoft Outlook that our sales people already use on a daily basis and it automatically captures customer data from that technology so our sales staff can spend time selling instead of entering information," said Michael Smith, chief technology officer, Forbes.com. "The result is our sales staff does not need extensive training and can begin using PurpleCRM right away to realize immediate business benefits. In addition, PurpleCRM provides a robust SFA application that gives us in-depth functionality including order, opportunity and pipeline tracking and management capabilities."