Google Apps Review: Applane Enterprise CRM: Page 2
'One-Click' CRM Reports
Applane CRM provides team members and managers with access to the right information and reports they need at any given time. Earning Applane CRM bonus points is the fact that nearly all reports needed for any task are quickly available within one click from the dashboard.
Using a pre-populated version of Applane CRM (you can import your existing CRM spreadsheet data or start adding entries day-forward), it was extremely easy to access reports. To provide a better understanding of the types of reports and data you can obtain using Applane CRM, here are five of the many reports we viewed for analysis, as a Sales Executive. Each of these reports was accessed in just a second or so, with one-click access from the CRM dashboard:
- View all "In Progress" interactions with all organizations and see which leads to be followed up on by your sales team are hot, warm, or cold leads. You can also sort and view data based on any criteria such as date, country, project, and see which sales team members are assigned to handle the next communication and the date of that communication.
- View all current "Opportunities" and see which organizations the opportunities are with, which sales team member has been tasked with follow-up and access details of the last communication with the Opportunity.
- View all "Lost Quotes" to analyze why you have lost a number of recent quotes. With one-click, you can see reasons for lost quotes, such as the price was too high, discussions were dropped, the quote manager did not respond to the quote in time, problems with individual team members closing fewer quotes than others, and so on. Here you can compare your "Lost Quotes" data with your "Won Quotes" to help you determine where in the quote process your organization needs to make changes for maximum Quote Wins.
- View all "Opportunities" that have a scheduled action due on the current date. Just left-click and from the resulting context menu you can choose a number of actions possible for this opportunity. For example, you can mark it Won or Lost, provide a Quote, or assign it to a specific sales team member.
- View all Customers, Contacts, or Organizations in your Applane CRM and define a template — which can be saved for later use — and select which organizations or customers to send bulk email communications to. The emails can be personalized using tags. For example, you can choose to personalize the email by name, organization, job title, or pull other fields of data from your CRM application to add a personal element to the email. The email is sent from within the application, making it a very simple process to do batch email with Applane CRM.
Google CRM Integration
Google integration is also a big feature of Applane CRM. Google's single sign-on itself is a benefit, but when you put the CRM application's integration with Google Applications to test, you can truly see why this is an important option for businesses who use Gmail, Calendar, Google Docs and other Google applications.
For example, you can import all your Google Contacts directly in to Applane CRM. You can also do a number of time-saving tasks such as open an "Opportunity" in the CRM and "record interaction" and have the details automatically saved to your Google Calendar. You could also do things like read an email and create a new "Opportunity" in the CRM with a single-click action from Gmail.
With integration between Google products and Applane CRM, there is a seamless "always on" flow of data between your Google apps and the CRM application that is automatically updated.
Licensing and Availability
Applane CRM is available in two editions. A free license is good for two users with full access and, according to the company, is a "no strings attached" offer. The Enterprise Edition is a customizable edition designed for innumerable users to manage a more complex organizational hierarchy. Pricing is available with the third and subsequent users starting at $12 per user per month. The Applane CRM website offers additional details on features and pricing
Vangie Beal is a veteran online seller and frequent contributor to ECommerce-Guide.com. She is also managing editor of Webopedia.com. You can tweet with her online @AuroraGG.