Womens Healthcare Market Status; the Best Is Yet to Come | Bayer, Pfizer, Amgen
HTF Market Report
Updated · May 08, 2023
- AbbVie, Inc
- Bayer AG
- Merck & Co
- Pfizer, Inc
- Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
- Agile Therapeutics
- Amgen, Inc
- Apothecus Pharmaceutical Corp
- Blairex Laboratories, Inc
- Ferring B.V.
- Hospital pharmacies
- Drug stores & retail pharmacies
- Online providers
- Postmenopausal Osteoporosis
- Hormonal Infertility
- Endometriosis & Uterine Fibroids
- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS)
- In October 2022, Unified Women’s Healthcare announced the acquisition of Gennev, a menopause care platform that offers telemedicine consultations, prescriptions, and health coaching to women experiencing menopause-related symptoms. The acquisition will enable Unified Women’s Healthcare to expand its women’s health services to include menopause care, addressing a gap in the market for comprehensive menopause care.
- In March 2023, Iron Health, a new healthcare company, launched to provide comprehensive healthcare for women by empowering obstetricians. The launch aims to improve the health and wellness of women by providing tools and resources to OB/GYNs, including support for telemedicine, patient data analysis, and collaboration with other healthcare providers.
- North America: United States, Canada
- South America: Brazil, Argentina, Chile, Colombia, and others
- Europe: Germany, United Kingdom, France, Switzerland, the Nordics, Benelux, Spain, Italy, and the rest of Europe
- Southeast Asia
- APAC (excluding Southeast Asia): China, Japan, India, Australia, and others
- MEA: South Africa, Egypt, Turkey, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, UAE, Israel, Nigeria, and others
- North America is expected to maintain its leadership in the women’s healthcare market during the forecast period of 2023-2029. Europe, including countries such as the United Kingdom, Germany, and France, is predicted to be an appealing market for women’s healthcare.
- The study also offers detailed analysis for Southeast Asian countries, which are expected to witness rapid growth in the women’s healthcare market and may become the fastest-growing market soon.
- Other major Asian economies included in the study are China, Japan, India, and Australia.
- Central and South America are attracting investor interest, with Brazil, Mexico, and Argentina identified as emerging hotspots in the region.
- The Middle East is expected to see remarkable growth in the women’s healthcare market, primarily driven by the UAE, the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and Turkey.
- Africa is still gaining momentum in the market, with South Africa playing a dominant role, followed by Nigeria.
- The Market expansion is fuelled by the increased frequency of chronic illnesses in women, such as diabetes, cancer, and cardiovascular diseases.
- This has increased the need for specialized healthcare products and services. As the population ages, there is a growing need for healthcare services that are specifically catered to the needs of women in different age groups.
- Changes in lifestyle habits, such as increased stress levels, inactivity, and poor food habits, are blamed for the rise in health issues among women. Women’s healthcare services are in more demand as a result.
- As personalized medicine has advanced, more attention is being paid to tailoring healthcare services and treatments for specific women based on their unique genetic make-up and health profile.
- Women of all ages and health issues can receive specialized medical treatment and therapies from more and more common women’s health clinics. How women access and use healthcare services is evolving as a result of more attention being paid to remote monitoring, telemedicine, mobile health applications, technology use, and digital health technologies.
- Menstrual health is becoming more and more popular as a result of the expanding variety of products and services accessible to women, such as menstrual cups, organic tampons, and period-tracking apps.
- Due to stigma and cultural hurdles, particularly when it comes to topics like sexual and reproductive health, women are deterred from seeking medical attention or obtaining the proper treatment, which makes it difficult for the market to grow.
- Due to gender bias in medical research and practice, women’s health conditions may be misdiagnosed or underdiagnosed, which affects their health outcomes and capacity to receive appropriate treatment.
- Uncertainty and the potential for market disruptions for women’s healthcare are caused by changes in the political and social climate, which have an impact on healthcare financing and policy.
- The market for mental health is rapidly growing as new therapies and treatments are being developed to address issues including anxiety, despondency, and postpartum depression. There is a growing need for healthcare products and services that especially cater to the requirements of women in emerging markets, particularly in Asia and Africa, which presents a chance for the market to grow.
- To address the expectations of women in terms of stress management, exercise, and nutrition, the market for wellness and self-care is expanding, and new products and services are being developed. With the development of digital health technology, women now have more opportunities to access healthcare services remotely and easily monitor their health and wellness.
- High costs can drastically restrict access to healthcare, especially for women who have few financial means or insurance coverage. Due to the high costs, women are reluctant to seek treatment or preventative care.
- Due to the complicated regulatory framework and time constraints restricting the potential market development, it is difficult for new goods and services to enter the market or for existing products and services to be updated or expanded.
- Women’s healthcare has historically gotten less money and attention than other healthcare markets, which has prevented innovation and limited market growth.
|Market Forecast (2029)||USD 57.9 Billion|
|Current Market Size (2022)||USD 38.5 Billion|
|Dominating Segment||Postmenopausal Osteoporosis|
|Major Players Profiled||AbbVie, Inc., Bayer AG, Merck & Co., Inc., Pfizer, Inc., Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd., Agile Therapeutics, Amgen, Inc., Apothecus Pharmaceutical Corp., Blairex Laboratories, Inc., Ferring B.V.|
HTF Market Report
HTF Market Report is a wholly owned brand of HTF market Intelligence Consulting Private Limited which provides next-generation service for organizations with a deep focus on market intelligence, data analytics, and social intelligence, all uniquely delivered under one roof by skilled professionals. Combining and analyzing acquire lucid and most relevant data which would help in better decision-making. We provide your requirements with speed and cost benefits across the world, and we are able to achieve a more nuanced and comprehensive understanding of the market at the delivery speed and price advantage that today’s business climate demands.