8 More CRM Options, from Aptean to Zoho
8 More CRM Options, from Aptean to ZohoWhile CRM leaders like Salesforce command much of the market share, smaller vendors provide more specialized options.
- On Way to Omni-Channel, Retailers Try Beacons and More
- Chief Data Officer Role Continues to Evolve
- What Is Sales Enablement Software and Do You Need It?
- 5 Ways to Use Virtual Reality in the Enterprise
- 8 Open Source BPM Software Options
- How HTAP Database Technology Can Help You
- 9 Apps Empowering Finance
- The Red Herring of Marketing's 'Digital Transformation'
- Node.js Moves to a Stable, VM-Neutral Future
- 6 Call Center Best Practices
- Salesforce Aims for $10B in Fiscal 2018
- Sauce Labs Raises $70M for Application Testing
- 10 Open Source Stream Processing Projects
- Neo Technology Raises $36M to Boost Graph Database App Tech
- Where Is AI Headed in the Enterprise?
Why is CRM so important?
"CRM is the bedrock of your future software implementations, since most other technologies will need to either integrate or pull data from your CRM," said Katie Hollar, director of marketing for Capterra.
The huge volume of CRM companies operating below the top tier in CRM is indicative of the problems inherent in using such systems, however.
Ron Siahpoosh, CRM practice lead at consulting firm ZS Associates, said, "Sales employees resist using CRM software, thinking that it's simply a means for their bosses to keep tabs on them. Managers within the sales force and in sales operations don't trust the quality of the data, believing that reps just enter whatever they think management wants to see."
As a result, there is a lack of reliability when it comes to using CRM data to generate actionable insights. This has opened the door to a rash of vendors promising that they do a better job than the big boys.
While CRM leaders like Salesforce command much of the market share, smaller vendors provide more specialized options.