Unisys Partners With Jamcracker
Updated · Dec 10, 2001
Under the agreement, Unisys will resell Jamcracker Enterprise and expand its ability to help its customers access, manage, integrate and support Web applications from any source.
“By reselling the Jamcracker branded platform, Unisys will deliver to customers a pre-packaged, hosted solution that gets them quickly to the market at a reduced cost,” argues Samir Bodas, Jamcracker’s vice president of strategic alliances since October, 2001.
“Implementing Jamcracker Enterprise throughout our Web services offerings will create a competitive differentiator for our clients, particularly as they are seeking additional ROI for their IT investments in tough economic conditions,” says David Jordan, president, Global Commercial and Media Industries for Unisys.
“Jamcracker’s platform technology, combined with the Unisys Full Service Provider program, creates a compelling client business model,” he says.
Jamcracker argues that Unisys customers can easily deploy, manage and support third-party applications such as eProcurement and eCRM, as well as Unisys-developed vertical applications and the Company’s own internal applications.
The capabilities of Jamcracker Enterprise that Unisys can leverage can provide customers with:
- Portal Interface and Secure Access – single sign on through a customizable interface combining intranet, extranet and Internet applications and resources
- Directory Management and Role-Based Administration – LDAP interface for centralized data storage and synchronization
- Configurable Billing and Reporting – aggregated invoice services and detailed usage reports
- Applications Network and Catalog Builder – pre-integrated suite of IT and business services with ‘snap-in’ capabilities to quickly add new applications
- Application Integration – a hosted enterprise application integration (EAI) product for customized solution development
“This agreement helps ensure Unisys’ take a giant leap in the Web Services marketplace,” says Bodas. “By using Jamcracker applications platform to deliver eSolutions, Unisys mitigates the risk, cost, and time of building and managing a proprietary platform.”
Unisys is the Jamcracker’s third customer to use Jamcracker Enterprise, following consultancy firm Accenture and Canadian telecommunications firm, Telus that announced a privately branded partnership with Jamcracker in October, 2001.
Bodas says that the evolution of the Jamcracker Enterpise platform has come much further than expected since Jamcracker announced back in August it would give partner companies the capability to offer their customers Web services on a single platform.
“Even when I joined the firm, I thought I was simply supporting a vision, but we have moved along from just vision to a reality where the market for Web services is becoming increasingly customer-driven,” he explains.
He says that for future alliances, Jamcracker is talking to several industry segments including other telcos, as well as business process outsourcing firms, software distributors, hosting companies and larger size Value Added Reseller (VARs).