Top 10 Most Expensive Vodkas In The World
Updated · Oct 01, 2023
WHAT WE HAVE ON THIS PAGE
Most Expensive Vodkas: Costlier vodkas began gaining popularity among people seeking high-end spirits in the 1990s. Belvedere, Grey Goose, and Ketel One were among the most notable brands to emerge during this period. These vodkas were marketed as having the finest ingredients, being made using advanced distillation methods, and having a smooth and pure taste.
Furthermore, their slick wrapping paper and high price tags helped to locate them as luxury items coveted by wealthy and idealistic drinkers. Expensive vodkas are still popular in the spirits industry and are sought after by purchasers who are prepared to pay more for quality and exclusivity. In this article, we will know the history and the top 10 most valuable vodkas in the world.
History Of Vodka
Vodka is a distilled alcoholic beverage with a lengthy and interesting history dating back hundreds of years. It arose in Eastern Europe, particularly in Russia and Poland.
The exact origins of vodka are unknown, but it is thought to have originated in the Middle Ages in Russia or Poland. The word “vodka” was first used in a manuscript in Poland in 1405, where it was referred to as “wood,” which indicates “water” in Polish. Vodka was primarily utilized as medicine at the time, which was formed by distilling brewed grains like rye, wheat, or barley.
Vodka became popular among the Russian nobility in the early 16th century, and by the 17th century, it had become the national drink of Russia. During this time, a man named Ivan Fyodorov established the first advertisement vodka distillery in Russia in Moscow in 1634.
During the 18th century, vodka yield became more sophisticated as distillation techniques improved and new components, such as potatoes, were introduced. Vodka became a major export of Russia in the nineteenth century, with the first export growth going to Poland and Germany.
Vodka became a popular drink around the world in the twentieth century, notably in the United States, which made it a cornerstone in many popular cocktails. Today, vodka is created in many countries and consumed in a variety of ways, ranging from short shots to mixed drinks.
Vodka has played an important role in Russian and Polish culture and history, and its popularity has only grown over the moment, making it one of the most popular alcoholic beverages in the world.
Production of Vodka
Vodka is a grain-based distilled alcoholic beverage made from corn, wheat, rye, or potatoes. The following steps are typically involved in the production of vodka:
- Fermentation begins when the grains are blocked into a mash and combined with water and yeast. The converts the mash’s sugars into alcohol.
- Distillation: The fermentation process mash is then distilled in a still, where the alcohol is separated from the moisture and other impurities in the mash. The liquid that results is known as “distillate” or “low wine.”
- Filtration: To eliminate any remaining particulates and strengthen the flavour and clearness of the vodka, the distillate is filtered through charcoal or other materials.
- Dilution: After filtering, the vodka is blended with water to achieve the required alcohol content, which is usually around 40% by volume (80 proof).
- Bottling: Finally, the finished vodka is bottled and labelled for sale.
Flavoured vodkas are made by adding aromatics or other condiments during the vaporisation or filtration process.
It is important to note that the production of vodka varies depending on the brand and nation of birth, and some countries have regulations governing the manufacture and labelling of vodka.
You May Also Like To Read:
Types Of Vodka
Vodka is a clear, colourless, and odourless spirit made from fermented grains like wheat, barley, rye, or corn. There are vodkas made from potatoes, grapes, and other fruits and vegetables. Here are some examples of vodka varieties:
- Grain Vodka: This vodka is made from grains like wheat, barley, rye, or corn. It’s the most common type of vodka that you can find easily.
- Potato Vodka: Instead of grains, this vodka is made from potatoes. It has a slightly sweet taste and feels creamy.
- Wheat Vodka: This vodka comes from wheat. People like it because it tastes smooth and clean.
- Rye Vodka: Made from rye grains, this vodka has a bit of spiciness to its taste. Vodka enthusiasts often enjoy it.
- Corn Vodka: Corn is used to make this vodka. It’s known for having a fruity flavour and is often used in cocktails.
- Grape Vodka: This vodka is made from grapes and has a fruity flavour. You can find it in premium brands.
- Flavoured Vodka: Some vodka is infused with flavours like citrus, vanilla, or berries. Younger people often like it, and it’s used in cocktails.
- Biodynamic Vodka: This vodka is made from organic ingredients like grains, and the grains are grown without pesticides or chemicals.
- Gluten-Free Vodka: For people with celiac disease or gluten sensitivities, this vodka is made with gluten-free ingredients like corn, potatoes, or grapes. It’s a popular choice for them.
Popular Brands Of Vodka
There are many popular vodka brands available around the world. Some of the most effortlessly comprehended vodka brands contain:
- Grey Goose
- Ketel One
- Tito’s Handmade Vodka
- Stolichnaya (Stoli)
These are just a few examples, and there are many other great vodka brands out there as well. The choice of which brand to buy often comes down to personal preference and taste.
Vodka In The Present Day
Vodka is now one of the world’s most popular and extensively consumed alcoholic beverages. Many cocktails, including the Bloody Mary and the Cosmopolitan, use it as a base, and it is also generally consumed straight or on the rocks.
Many countries around the world produce vodka, including Russia, Poland, Sweden, and the United States, among others. Different regions and countries have distinct vodka styles and flavours, and some vodkas are indeed injected with tastes such as fruit, herbs, or spices. Vodka’s high alcohol content, which ranges between 35% and 50% by capacity, makes it a powerful and beneficial ingredient in cocktails.
Because it lacks a distinct flavour or aroma, vodka is frequently referred to as a “neutral” spirit. As a result, it’s a popular choice among sommeliers, who could also use it as a blank canvas to create complex and intriguing cocktails. However, depending on the ingredients used during their production and the filtration process, some vodkas have unique flavours and aromas.
Because of its high alcohol content, vodka is used in preparing meals and as a cleaning agent in addition to being a popular drink. It’s frequently used in sauces, marinades, and even desserts to add a delicate kick of flavouring and complexity to dishes. Because it is effective at killing bacteria, vodka is a staple spice in homemade cleaning solutions.
Vodka is still a popular and adaptable beverage that many people around the world enjoy.
Different Uses of Vodka
While vodka is commonly consumed as a standalone beverage or as a factor in cocktails, it also has a variety of other applications.
- Disinfectant: Because of its vodka’s high alcohol content, vodka is capable of being used as a disinfectant on surfaces to kill bacteria and viruses. It can be sprayed or annihilated on surfaces to clean and sanitise them, such as countertops or doorknobs.
- Cooking: Vodka can be used in a variety of recipes, which include sauces, curries, and desserts. It is frequently used to add flavour and texture and help emulsify pasta sauces, such as penne alla vodka.
- Stain remover: Vodka may be used to remove the stain from clothes, carpets, and upholstery. It works especially well on grease stains and can be applied with a sponge or a towel to the affected area.
- Insect repellent: Vodka can be used to repel insects naturally. It can be sprayed on the skin with essential oils like lavender or peppermint to repel midges and some other biting invertebrates.
- Hair care: Vodka can be used to add glow and amount to hair as a hair-care product. To add tissue and reduce frizz, mix it with water and spray it on hair before blow-drying.
- Pain relief: Vodka can be used to relieve pain when applied topically. It can be combined with herbs like arnica or chamomile and applied to strain muscles or joints for relief.
- Cleaning solutions made from vodka: Vodka can be used as a foundation for homemade cleaning solutions. It can be combined with water, vinegar, other substances, and fragrance oils to make a whole cleaning solution that is safe to use on household surfaces.
Vodka is a dynamic alcohol that may be used for many things other than drinking.
- Including an estimated 4.4 billion litres of annual output, vodka is one of the most distilled drinks beverages in the world.
- Russia produces and consumes the most vodka, followed by the United States and Poland.
- Vodka is distilled from grains like wheat, rye, barley, and corn, as well as potatoes and grapes.
- Vodka’s alcohol content usually varies from 35% to 50% by volume (70 to 100 proof).
- Vodka is frequently employed as a base for mocktails and cocktails, and it is also enjoyed chilled and straight.
- For over 40 years, vodka has been the most popular life force in the United States.
- The global vodka market was worth more than USD 54 billion in 2020, and it is presumed to grow at a CAGR of 5.3% from 2021 to 2028.
- Flavoured vodka has grown in popularity in the United States, with flavourings generally ranging from vanilla and citrus to bacon and whipped cream.
- Vodka is usually served neat or with a hound, but it’s also an ingredient in many popular cocktails such as the Bloody Mary, Cosmopolitan, and Moscow Mule.
- The level of impurities in vodka is frequently used to determine its purity, which is measured in parts per million. (ppm). Impurities in premium vodkas are typically lower, ranging from 0 to 10 ppm.
Interesting Facts About Vodka
- “Vodka” is derived from the Slavic word “voda,” which means “water.”
- Vodka is thought to have developed in either Poland or Russia, which have been produced and consumed for centuries.
- To remove contaminants and achieve a higher alcohol content, vodka is customarily distilled multiple times.
- The malt flavour of vodka varies, but it is usually between 35% and 50% by volume (ABV).
- Vodka is commonly consumed neat, but it is also a base spirit in cocktails such as the Bloody Mary, Moscow Mule, and White Russian.
- Because of its neutral flavour, vodka is a popular option for combining with other flavourings in cocktails.
- Some vodka brands are recognized for their new flavours, which are frequently achieved through the addition of organic or synthetic flavourings.
Top 10 Most Expensive Vodkas In The World
01. Billionaire Vodka – Worth $7.25 Million
02. The Eye of the Dragon – Worth $5.5 Million
03. Billionaire Vodka (Old) – Worth $3.7 Million
04. Russo-Baltique Vodka – Worth $1.3 Million
05. Diva Premium – Worth $1 Million
06. Russo-Baltique (Old) – Worth $740,000
07. Kors Vodka 24K George V Edition – Worth $24,500
08. Absolut Pinstripe Black – Worth $10,000
09. Belver Bears Belvedere – Worth $7,240
10. Oval Swarvoski Crystal – Worth $6,922
#1. Billionaire Vodka – (Worth $7.25 Million)
Billionaire Vodka is a luxe vodka brand founded in 2011 by Leon Verres, a German businessman known for developing high-end hard liquor. The brand published a limited edition bottle of vodka in 2015, which quickly gained attention due to its elaborate price tag and design.
The 2015 edition of Billionaire Vodka cost $7.25 million and included a bottle flecked with 3,000 diamonds, a silver logo, and a design case. The vodka contained within the bottle was also of high quality, being made with water derived from geysers in the Swiss Alps and filtered through Nordic birch-activated carbon.
The release of Billionaire Vodka 2015 sparked a discussion about the excesses of the luxury segment, with critics claiming that the expensive price tag had been inappropriate and evidenced a wider problem of wealth inequality. Others continued to defend the brand, claiming that the apparel industry supported the economy by providing jobs.
Despite all the controversy, the special limited bottles sold out in a matter of weeks, with some buyers reportedly including Russian billionaires and Middle Eastern royalty. Following the success of Billionaire Vodka 2015, other high-end editions were released, including a $1.3 million gemstone bottle and a $5 million edition with a gold-plated logo and a diamond-studded label. The 2015 edition of Billionaire Vodka was a highly publicised illustration of the extreme levels of lavish branding and some consumers are willing to pay outrageous prices for secrecy and prestige.
#2. The Eye of the Dragon – (Worth $5.5 Million)
Royal Dragon Vodka is a deluxe vodka that debuted in 2012. It is made in Lithuania from slightly elevated spring wheat and is distilled five times until being distilled through charcoal and dragon bone. The dragon bone filtration process is unique to Royal Dragon Vodka and is said to improve the vodka’s smoothness and purity. The brand also makes use of natural spring water from the Mountain.
The packaging is luxurious and one-of-a-kind, with each bottle bearing a 23-karat gold-plated dragon emblem. The Chinese dragon, a symbol of power, strength, and good fortune inspired the design.
Royal Dragon Vodka has received numerous accolades, including a Gold Medal at the 2016 Global Vodka Masters and a Silver Medal at the 2017 San Francisco World Spirits Competition. The brand has also worked with famous people such as Jean Reno, an actor and producer, and Akon, a singer and songwriter.
In addition to traditional vodka, Royal Dragon offers flavoured vodkas such as lychee, passion fruit, and raspberry. The brand’s dedication to high-quality ingredients and innovative manufacturing techniques has aided it in hanging out in the heavily populated vodka market.
#3. Billionaire Vodka (Old) – (Worth $3.7 Million)
Leon Verres, a German entrepreneur who specialises in the production of high-end alcoholic beverages, founded Billionaire Vodka. With a starting price of $3.7 million per bottle, the vodka is promoted as being one of the most overpriced and exclusive souls in the world.
The vodka is made with high-quality ingredients such as brine from a water fountain in the Swiss Alps and organic Russian wheat. The grain is filtered nine times and purified through diamonds, giving the vodka creamy flavours and outstanding quality.
Thus every bottle of Billionaire Vodka is carefully crafted and comes in a one-of-a-kind 18-karat gold and diamond-encrusted case. The bottle is made of hand-blown glass and comes with a diamond-studded cap. The bottle’s label is also made of gold and diamonds, transforming it into a true work of art.
According to the company, Billionaire Vodka production is strictly limited to maintaining its individuality. Each year, only 10 bottles of vodka are produced, each one labelled and approved by Leon Verres himself.
With reviews of public figures and business tycoons purchasing bottles of vodka, the franchise has established a following among some of the world’s wealthiest individuals. The brand has also been featured in publications such as Forbes and The Huffington Post.
While the price of Billionaire Vodka may appear exorbitant to some, it is a symbol of affluence as well as uniqueness that needs to appeal to a select group of people willing to spend top dollar for the best.
#4. Russo-Baltique Vodka – (Worth $1.3 Million)
Russo-Baltique Vodka is a premium vodka brand founded in 2003. The brand was inspired by the Russo-Baltique automobile, which was a symbol of opulence and entrepreneurship in pre-revolutionary Russia. Winter wheat and genuine spring water from Latvian forests are used to make the vodka.
Before bottling, Russo-Baltique vodka is filtered 7 times, filtered via activated carbon and silver and rested for two months. The use of platinum filtration is a distinctive feature of the brand, and it is said to improve the steadiness and cleanness of the vodka.
Russo-Baltique vodka’s packaging is as glamorous as such vodka itself. The bottle is comprised of bulletproof glass and has a 24-karat gold-plated label with a portrait of the Russo-Baltique automobile on it. Each bottle is sequentially addressable and brings with it a pillowcase as well as an authenticity certificate.
Russo-Baltique vodka has received several accolades, including a Gold Medal at the 2012 International Wine and Spirit Competition and a Grand Gold Medal at the 2013 Vodka Masters. The brand is well-known among vodka enthusiasts and has been featured in a variety of notable events and celebrations. Russo-Baltique vodka is a high-end vodka that incorporates luxury, advancement, and high quality. Its distinctive fabrication techniques and luxurious packaging set it apart in the cluttered vodka segment.
#5. Diva Premium – (Worth $1 Million)
Diva Premium Vodka is a high-end vodka brand known because of its gentle taste, elegant bundling, and correlation with the entertainment industry. The brand was created in 2010 and has since become a widely known choice for consumers willing to look for a deluxe vodka experience.
The distinctive packaging of Diva Premium Vodka is one of its main selling points. The bottle is made of high-quality crystal glass and has a handcrafted crystal integral part at the bottom, which is meant to symbolize the glamour and elegant lifestyle associated with the company. Diva Premium Vodka is well-known for its smooth and refined taste, in addition to its distinctive packaging.
The vodka is refined five times to produce a crisp and fresh finish and is made from the highest quality wheat. It is additionally filtered with activated carbon and diamond dust to reduce contamination and start giving the vodka a smooth texture.
Celebrities and VIPs who are frequently seen drinking Diva Premium Vodka at exclusive parties and functions have made the brand a popular choice. The brand has also been depicted in prominent media outlets such as Forbes, People, and Harper’s Bazaar.
Despite its popularity, some have criticised Diva Premium Vodka for its connection with the entertainment world and its increased focus on luxury and excess.
Some critics have argued that the brand perpetuates a culture of celebrity worship and reinforces harmful stereotypes about wealth and status.
Despite these criticisms, Diva Premium Vodka remains a popular choice for consumers who are looking for a premium vodka experience. With its distinctive packaging, smooth taste, and association with the entertainment industry, the brand is likely to remain a fixture in the high-end vodka market for years to come.
#6. Russo-Baltique Vodka (Old) – (Worth $740,000)
Russo-Baltique Old vodka is a special edition, ultra-premium vodka made by the Russo-Baltique brand. It is a twist on the vintage Russo-Baltique vodka, however, it is aged in oak barrels for several years, giving it a distinct flavour profile and amber colour.
Russo-Baltique Old liquor is aged in small batches over four to five years. During such a time, the vodka is kept in bourbon barrels that are used to hold Armagnac, a form of French brandy. The barrels are kept in a temperature and humidity-controlled cellar, allowing the vodka to steadily accumulate the flavours of the wood and Armagnac.
As a result, the vodka is complex and rich, with a mellow and velvety texture. Russo-Baltique Old vodka has vanilla, caramel, and oak notes, as well as a subtle juiciness and a long and warm end of the season. It has 40% alcohol by volume and is packaged in a beautifully crafted wine glass with a pouch and a counted certificate of authenticity.
Russo-Baltique Old vodka is a unique and exclusive product, produced in small quantities each year. It’s a favourite among vodka collectors and enthusiasts, and it’s won a lot of medals, including a Double Gold Medal at the 2018 San Francisco World Spirits Competition.
#7. Kors Vodka 24K George V Edition – (Worth $24,500)
Kors Vodka 24k, George V Edition is a premium vodka made by the Kors Vodka company. It is named after Paris’s famous George V Hotel, which is known for its luxurious and intricate style. The vodka is made in France’s Champagne region from the exquisite French maize and drinkable water from the Gensac-la-Pallue spring.
Kors Vodka 24k, George V Edition is five times distilled and purified through charcoal and gold dust, giving it a smooth and refined taste. The vodka is then infused with 24k gold flakes, which give the drink an understated shimmer and a touch of luxury.
Kors Vodka 24k, George V Edition packaging is as elegant as the vodka itself.
The bottle is hand-blown glass with a 24-karat gem collar and a jewel medallion with a photo of the George V Hotel. Each bottle is handcrafted and brings in a handwoven leather case.
Kors Vodka 24k, George V Edition is a confined product, with only a few bottles produced each year. It’s a favourite among vodka collectors and enthusiasts, and it’s won several awards, including a Double Gold Medal at the 2016 San Francisco World Spirits Competition. Kors Vodka 24k, George V Edition is a luxurious, sophisticated, and high-quality vodka. Its distinct manufacturing methods, deluxe packaging, and 24k gold infusion set it apart from the populated vodka business.
#8. Absolut Pinstripe Black – (Worth $10,000)
Absolut Pinstripe is a special limited vodka produced by Absolut, a well-known Swedish vodka brand. It is a high-quality vodka created from wheat and barley and pure water, diluted in a prolonged distillation process, and flavoured naturally. The bottle is stylish and elegant, with a black and white pinstripe trend that lends it a modern and stylish appearance.
This vodka has a smooth, clean flavour with a subtle vanilla undertone and a mildly sweet finish. It’s ideal for mixing into cocktails or drinking neat over ice. Absolut Pinstripe’s distinct flavour profile makes it an excellent choice for those seeking better vodka with a distinct personality.
Absolut Pinstripe is a conversation piece for vodka aficionados and collectors due to its limited edition status. The brand is known for manufacturing high-quality vodka in unique and stylish packaging. Absolut Pinstripe is no different and would make an excellent introduction to any collection. Absolut Pinstripe is a luxurious vodka with a distinctive flavour profile and a fashionable bottle design. It is perfect for anyone looking for strong vodka that stands out.
#9. Belver Bears Belvedere – (Worth $7,240)
Belver Bears Vodka is a high-quality vodka made in Germany. This vodka’s name and bottle design are encouraged by the classic German teddy bear, Steiff. The vodka is five times purified and charcoal distilled for a mellow and crisp finish. It is made with premium wheat and spring water.
The bottle styling is one-of-a-kind and eye-catching. It has a glass bear statue at the bottom of the bottle, which makes it a popular piece of memorabilia among vodka lovers. The bear figurine can be detached and used as an adornment or toy.
On the nose, Belver Bears Vodka has a clever flavorful fragrance with a hint of sweetness. It’s smooth and clean on the palate, with a slight citrus note and a long, rewarding finish. The vodka has a nice balance and blends perfectly with other condiments, making it a fantastic choice for beverages or tasting on its own.
Belver Bears Vodka is distinguished by the fact that it is created using renewable sources of power. The vodka is produced using solar power at the distillery, making it an environmentally conscious choice for consumers.
Belver Bears Vodka has received numerous accolades for its distinctive bottle design and high-quality taste, including a Gold Medal at the San Francisco World Spirits Competition. Because of its unique packaging and premium taste, it is a great suggestion for many vodka enthusiasts and collectors.
Belver Bears Vodka is a luxury vodka with a one-of-a-kind bottle design inspired by Steiff, the iconic German teddy bear. It has a smooth and fresh taste with only a small amount of sweetness and is made from slightly elevated ingredients. It is an environmentally friendly choice because it employs sources of renewable energy in its production, and its notoriety among collectors makes it an excellent addition to any vodka collection.
#10. Oval Swarovski Crystal Vodka – (Worth $6,922)
Oval Swarovski Crystal Vodka is a luxury vodka brand known for its distinctive and opulent packaging. The Austrian company founded the brand, which is made with rising wheat crops and simple Austrian spring water.
The vodka is purified using a novel method that employs patented freezing technology. This method involves snowing the vodka to -6 degrees Celsius, which differentiates toxins and allows for a smoother, more refined taste.
Oval Swarovski Crystal Vodka’s packaging is as extravagant as the vodka itself. The drink is made of hand-blown glass and is embellished with over 7,000 Gemstones that are hand-applied.
Masterpieces, black currant, and rosehip are among the flavours of Oval Swarovski Crystal Vodka. Each seasoning is imbibed with herbal ingredients and essences, creating a distinct flavour.
Oval Swarovski Crystal Vodka has received numerous accolades, including a Gold Medal at the annual International Wine and Spirit Competition. The brand is well-known among vodka connoisseurs and curators, and it is frequently used during fundraising events and celebrations. Oval Swarovski Crystal Vodka is a high-end vodka with a focus on luxury, innovation, and quality. Its distinct freezing technology and opulent packaging set it apart in the populated vodka sector.
As a final result, pricey vodka has a place around the globe. While it is not the cheapest method of consuming distilled liquor, it can add a touch of expertise, elegance, and elegance to any occasion. However, it is essential to remember that more expensive does not necessarily imply higher quality.
It is still possible to locate reasonably priced high-end vodkas, and it is meaningful to sample and research various models to choose the best choice for any given situation. Finally, highly-priced vodka can be an excellent way to add a luxurious touch to any occasion
High-quality products are filtered multiple times.
Vodkas that have been distilled more times may be more expensive due to the additional filtration costs or higher reliability commodities, but the finished film will be no more preferable than that which has been distilled fewer times.
Expensive vodka is smoother and does not leave an aftertaste of burn. Highly-priced vodka is distilled for a longer period, giving it a distinct flavour.
The New Russo-Baltique Vodka has just been imbibed by the world's wealthiest people. It comes in distinctive wrapping and a bottle resembling the coolant guard used on Russo-Baltique cars.
Vodka Is Amazing Because it is made from only four ingredients (water, wheat, rye, and barley), Pure Vodka is considered the purest of all spirits. Other spirits, such as whisky and bourbon, are made from various grains and contain additional flavour profiles that could affect the taste.
Aditi is an Industry Analyst at Enterprise Apps Today and specializes in statistical analysis, survey research and content writing services. She currently writes articles related to the "most expensive" category.