Oracle Debuts New In-Memory Business App Slate
Updated · Apr 10, 2013
Oracle is leveraging in-memory technology to give its business applications a performance boost.
In-memory systems are packed with much more DRAM than found in the typical server. This allows application workloads to mostly or entirely reside in system memory and avoid the performance bottlenecks imposed by disk storage components.
The company claims that business apps can run up to 20 times faster on Oracle Engineered Systems than on conventional IT systems. Oracle in-memory hardware relies on massive stores of RAM, flash storage and an InfiniBand network fabric to make short work of big business application workloads.
“With runtime no longer an issue, executives can now generate complex data crunching analysis in near real-time to make sound decisions and solve critical business problems,” boasted Oracle in press remarks.
For instance, the company reports that in-memory implementations of Fusion applications yield 1.5X faster user experience response times. Throughput for Fusion Accounting Hub journal entries is subject to a 5X improvement, while Fusion Global Payroll Prepayments processing gets a 2.25X boost. In Siebel CRM, Universal Customer Master response times are 7X to 10X faster. Financial Close operations runs 5X to 8X faster on JD Edwards EnterpriseOne.
While faster, more responsive apps have their allure, Steve Miranda, Executive Vice President of Oracle Application Development, says there are other benefits to Oracle’s software and in-memory hardware combo.
“Oracle continues to demonstrate its commitment to innovation that produces business results and value for Oracle Applications running on Oracle Engineered Systems. The release of Oracle In-Memory Applications will help organizations not only complete load runs faster, but also discover new insights for efficiencies that would have been previously overlooked,” he said in a company release.
Oracle’s new in-memory business software portfolio includes:
- Oracle E-Business Suite In-Memory Cost Management
- PeopleSoft In-Memory Project Discovery
- PeopleSoft In-Memory Labor Rules and Monitoring
- PeopleSoft In-Memory Financial Allocations Analyzer
- PeopleSoft In-Memory Financial Position Analyzer
- JD Edwards EnterpriseOne In-Memory Sales Advisor
- JD Edwards EnterpriseOne In-Memory Project Portfolio Management
- Oracle SCM In-Memory Consumption Driven Planning
- Oracle SCM In-Memory Performance Driven Planning
- Oracle SCM In-Memory Logistics Command Center
- Siebel CRM In-Memory Policy Analytics
- Siebel CRM In-Memory Next Best Action
- Hyperion EPM In-Memory Virtual Close
Pedro Hernandez contributes to Enterprise Apps Today, and 11Press, the technology network. He was previously the managing editor of Internet.com, an IT-related website network. He has expertise in Smart Tech, CRM, and Mobile Tech, Helping Banks and Fintechs, Telcos and Automotive OEMs, and Healthcare and Identity Service Providers to Protect Mobile Apps.