Discord Statistics 2023 Revenue Growth, Active Users, Funding and Advantages
Updated · Sep 22, 2023
WHAT WE HAVE ON THIS PAGE
- 1 Kay Discord Statistics
- 2 Discord Revenue and Monthly Active Users
- 3 Total Funding for Discord
- 4 Discord Demography
- 5 Discord’s Advantages
- 6 Features In Discord That Ensures Security
- 7 Discord’s Revenue Growth Over the Years
- 8 How Many People Use Discord
- 9 Statistics of Discord in Funding
- 10 Discord’s Market Price?
- 11 Statistics by Discord Servers
- 12 What Next for Discord
- 13 Concluding Thoughts
Kay Discord Statistics
- Discord is one of the most popular voice and text chat applications on the internet 154 million active users as of January 2023, making it one of the most popular communication tools out there. In this article, we will be looking at some of the Discord statistics and how they compare to other popular chat applications.
- Discord launched against two main interacting apps in 2015 when it was first launched. Discord’s first launch was in 2015 when it faced two popular apps: Skype and TeamSpeak.
- As of January 2023, the approximate registered users of Discord are 563 million across the world with a growth of 16.02%.
- In February, the net worth of Discord has resulted in around $15 billion.
- On the other hand, by the end of the year, daily active users of Discord are expected to be 26.5 million.
- On per regular basis, the discord servers host almost 4 billion minutes of conversation.
- Discord has experienced more website visits approximately 801 million by the end of February 2023.
- In the 1st quarter of 2023, it was observed that the growth rate of discord was 23.46%.
- The Discord app was mostly used for non-gaming activities, which was claimed by 78% of Discord users.
- In the United States, Discord users spend more than 280.6 minutes or 4.67 hours every month which can also be estimated by 9 minutes regularly.
- Whereas, the estimated number of Discord users in the nation is almost 30.26%
- Revenue earned by the Discord mobile app is expected to be $54.96 million.
- Weekly basis there are over 19 million active servers of Discord and the popularly used server is commonly known as Midjourney.
- This is why Discord gained so much praise and traffic. When the enterprise tried hard to meet its ends, it was inevitable that servers crashed.
- Jason Citron, Discord’s founder, had just completed a $100 million acquisition of OpenFeint his social gaming software.
- He believed that Discord could be more successful than TeamSpeak and Skype by using the latest and updated approach to online communication.
- Citron Discord was able to do more than any interactive sessions with the help of servers. Apart from searching Reddit forums or on Reddit, people who participated joined a dedicated server for their game.
- As server popularity grew, administrators were empowered to add subchannels for specific game modes or topics.
- Discord remains a game-oriented platform. The team is working to improve its coverage in order to withstand the competition with eminent interactive platforms
- Not monitored private servers have been a source of controversy. To manage the famous rally, white supremacists used a server. It blocked the users of the party and the rest of them; neoNazi and alt-right servers.
- Discord’s popularity coincided closely with the growth of sports gamers. This was through games such as Fortnite, Overwatch, and League of Legends, all of these games had very few implements for contacting.
- Discord gained popularity as a marketing tool for Twitch streamers.
- It opened a place for recreational games in the year twenty eighteen that offered a select set of games. Discord Nitro, the subscription service it launched, offered more emojis as well as larger upload sizes, support for the servers, and direct use of the games sent up on audio and visual at the storefront.
- Discord Nitro continues to be in operation. However, Discord Nitro did give paid game characteristics in year twenty-nineteen, showing no keenness in it.
- The storefront has been canceled. Discord and not the first and second game developers were not being made any money. Games can be sold directly by game developers via servers.
- Discord’s position is stable despite the collapse of its storefront.
- While Discord’s usage has soared during the pandemic situation it announced recently that it had reached over 100,000,000 MAUs and that it has reached ten point six million existing users
- We don’t know if it has the capacity to gitter the community expert in gaming and win MicrosoftTeams users or businesses.
- It changed its mission, and main aim to “Chat for Gamers”, and redesigned the website to be less risqué.
- Discord makes almost all its revenue from its top list.
- Discord is home to over 140,000,000 gamers who are lively gaming and three hundred million registered members
- Its price at $15 Billion in 2023. In less than one year, its value doubled to $24 billion from the last 2 years.
Discord Revenue and Monthly Active Users
Launched on 13 May 2015, it is a communication industry and a private enterprise
Revenue from Discord
Grew from 2016 to 2023 from $5 to more than $230 million
Monthly Active Users of Discord
In 2023, the estimated monthly active users of Discord turned out 196.2 million with a growth of 19.12% from last year.
Discord Daily Active Users
Year Daily active users grew from 24 to 26.5 million users in the last 1 year from 2022 to 2023.
Discord Peak Concurrent Users
As of January 2023, Year Peak concurrence turned out more than 15 million users.
Discord Registered Users
Year Registered users from 2020 to 2023 saw it grow from 300 million to 56 million.
Sources: TechCrunch, Techspot, WSJ
Active Servers for Discord
Year Active servers in 2023 were 8.6 million.
Discord Valuation Growth
From 2021 to 2023 the valuation has raised positively from $7 billion to $10 billion.
Source: TechCrunch, Prime Unicorn Index.
Total Funding for Discord
Year funding increased from 2021 to 2023 grew from $480 million to $995 million.
- 850,000,000 daily messages are sent every day, 6,000,000,000 weekly, and 25000000000 every month (Source: VentureBeat)
- In the 1st quarter of 2023, globally the Discord app downloads have turned out 54.64 million times.
- Whereas, the average annual salary of users resulted in $131,679.
- In 2023, revenue generated from direct Discord Nitro sales across the world resulted in $207 million in 2023.
- In 2023, the total number of registered Discord users is expected to be 514 million and in 2024 it is going to be 585 million.
- By the end of 2025, Discord is estimated to gain 656 million users with a growth of 27.62%, and monthly active users are estimated to be 259.2 million.
- On the other hand, from 2022-23 the number of discord users has grown by 19.12% accounting for 31.5 million users.
- 4,000,000,000 words are exchanged spoken or written across it on a daily basis (The Verge)
- Discord is used by 390 million people as of twenty twenty-one year
- Discord has almost crossed 125 million US$ a year in revenue
- The company’s primary revenue stream is Nitro, a premium Discord option. You can pay $9.99/per month or $ Ninety-nine point ninety-nine per year for a not an ordinary subscription. The video is of high resolution and inclusion images
- Discord has many millions of active servers per day
- The server may host 25000 users at a given time
- Funding of $483.8 million was raised
- Discord users on average spend 9 minutes daily in the United States.
- Discord’s value currently stands at $15 billion
- Discord was launched as a platform for Gamers but it gained huge support from audiences ranging from artists to programmers to artists to hikers.
- Discord was originally concentrated on video game development. Discord came to realize that the chat system created for gamer interaction is more important than any of the video games, and this was the turning moment.
- After this twist, the company has changed a lot.
- When the communication tool became famous for gamers it was the door that opened. It allowed the team to expand their horizons and made them more open to other groups.
- As per Discord demographics statistics, male and female users of Discord are 67.7% and 32.3% respectively across the world.
- In the United States, Discord accounts for 21% male users and 11% female users.
- Whereas, in the nation, 16% of total adults in the nation are currently having a discord account. This is segmented as 18-34 years (37%), 35-44 years (16%), 45-64 years (7%), and 65 years and above (2%).
- The time spent by Discord users is almost 6 minutes and 46 seconds.
The Purpose Behind Discord
- Stan and Jason agree that technology is complex. The aim was not easy: There is no chase among people for likes/comments, there aren’t newsreels nor videos, and there’s no algorithm that determines which is what viewers like.
- Discord is the best medium to connect people and societies. It’s a space where people can easily interact despite being exploited by marketing tactics.
- Users can communicate with one another using a chat program such as Discord
- Text sessions
- Video calls
- Voice calls
- Private sessions and group sessions are also available.
- Discord makes it simple to link files with desktops or mobile phones. Based on user experience there is consistency.
- Discord features a user-friendly, platform to interact through chats that supports GIFs (emojis) and other emojis. It completely supports no advertisements.
- This write-up is a summary of the statistics that Discord has achieved till now, and how they are currently being used.
Features In Discord That Ensures Security
- Discord has many security and privacy settings.
- Let’s examine some of Discord’s most prominent security features.
- Discord offers a secure VoIP application that does not leak IP addresses or personal data. Discord also features an auto-encryption technique to protect chats.
- The discord app is designed to automatically connect the user to another server in case of an unexpected server loss. This prevents data from being lost.
- DDoS is used to protect Discord’s backend servers. The server problems are solved with the system not functioning or technical faults.
Discord’s Revenue Growth Over the Years
- Discord made 45 million dollars in annual revenue in 2019, according to statistics.
- It was also a 135 Million in 2020! This is greater than twice the revenue of the previous years!
- As of 2023, Discord’s revenue is expected to be $207 million which has decreased from last year’s, which was $208 million.
How can Discord keep its Performance?
- Discord usage was not allowed to compromise the CPU performance and impact the gaming experience.
- Discord lets you game at a high FPS rate.
- Discord uses “code-splitting” to increase efficiency and update more features. Code-splitting loads only the code that is needed at the time.
- This methodology allows applications to update existing characteristics add languages and polish their characteristics without affecting their performance.
- Discord also has servers distributed all over the globe so that users can quickly access the closest server.
How Many People Use Discord
Discord’s usage statistics showed that about three hundred million users had registered for an account in 2020. Of those, approximately one hundred twenty million were active users. At least one hundred fifty million active users are using Discord.
Let’s see how Discord has grown year by year in terms of active and registered users.
- It was chosen as the substitute for the Government’s formal application for learning in distant France but was not a success.
- Discord was able to rise into the top ten downloaded apps in the nation thanks to this move. Discord is still among the top 50 most downloaded apps in the UK, US, and France.
- Discord is used in France for 18-29 years (31%), 30-39 years (14%), and 40-49 years (9%).
- Followed by other country’s usage Germany with 18-29 years (29%), 30-39 years (14%), and 40-49 years (8%); United States with 18-29 years (25%), 30-39 years (13%), and 40-49 years (11%); United Kingdom with 18-29 years (20%), 30-39 years (10%), and 40-49 years (5%).
Statistics of Discord in Funding
- Discord’s Series H round of Venture Captial funding was closed in September 2021. The total amount raised by Discord is $982.6 million.
- Discord, which also includes Sony Interactive Entertainment has attracted investments from 27 businesses.
- The table below shows Discord’s Series-wise Fundraising Progress since 2016.
Discord’s Market Price?
- Discord was offered by Microsoft Corp as an acquisition at a price of about $ 12 billion, but it was ultimately rejected by the enterprise just like all other acquisitions.
- Epic Games, Twitter, Amazon, and others are reporting that the setup is still in high demand. Discord’s current value in the market is $15 billion after it raised $500 million in its last fundraising.
Discord’s Snowsgiving – Participated by 200,000
- This holiday celebration, known as Snowsgiving, takes place in December.
- There’s also the possibility to get acquaintances, participate in contests and giveaways, and help charities.
- More than 200,000 people have joined the server. They were able to collect more than $200,000 in support of Doctors Without Borders.
- While you might think these stats show that workers have it fairly well, the interesting thing; actually falls below the mean pay of $152,902.
- We’re sure Discord will continue to grow as it does better and becomes more popular, raising its wages. To be honest, $63 per hour isn’t terrible.
- Beast is not just well-known on YouTube. He has also established himself as a Discord star.
- Beast’s Discord server boasts more than 700,000. Members, making him the most viewed Discord member.
- You may believe someone will surpass you at a juncture. But, honestly, Mr. Beast is everywhere else, so we think he will be able to keep his reign for a while.
- According to Discord statistics live streaming appears to be quite liked by the gamers of the USA.
- Discord may not seem like a streaming platform initially, but 14% say they view live streams from Discord games.
- Three other better than this: YouTube, Twitch, and Facebook.
- There are many apps socially available that try to grab users’ attention.
- TikTok, Instagram, as well as a host of other social media sites, are all out to get the attention of young people.
- Discord is so popular that 33% of teenagers consider it to be their favorite social media app.
- It is not a social networking app. However, it seems to have appealed to the younger generation.
- There are many social media platforms that allow you to log in quickly, view what’s going on, and then log back out.
- YouTube is another place where you may spend a bit more time.
- These Discord statistics reveal that it is not surprising that people are spending longer on the server.
- It comes down to five hours per month or nine minutes per day.
- Discord has profited $one hundred thirty Million in 2020
- Discord statistics reveal that Discord is growing rapidly and will only continue to grow.
- Discord’s profit in 2023 was $70 million, which means its profit has increased by 188% per year.
- This statistic, again, is quite impressive and suggests that Discord has big plans.
Statistics by Discord Servers
- The popular server of Discord across the globe is Midjourney with several members of 9.48 million.
- Furthermore, other numbers of members in servers are followed by OpenAI (1.8 million), Blox Fruits (1 million), Valorant (0.99 million), Genshin Impact Official (0.98 million), Roblox (0.98 million), All-Star (0.84 million), Apex Legends (0.76 million), King Legends (0.73 million), E-Girl Paradise (0.75 million), and Grand Quest Games (0.71 million).
Discord rejected an offer of $12 million
- A lot of companies that watch the need to implement Discord.
- Discord rejected an offer for $ twelve million, for all of us might consider a lot.
- Discord is aware of their worth and wants the best for them.
- They know that if the work continues, they will be worth at least twice this amount in the future.
- Discord was only $9 billion in 2023 just a few short years ago. It now stands at $15 billion.
- As with its profits, Discord statistics again show that it is on an upward trend and is not slowing down.
It raised $482.6 million in funding
- A majority of social platforms and applications require funding rounds in the beginning.
- This is to ensure that the funds are available to help them create and maintain the software.
- Discord has had some successful funding rounds.
- This Discord statistic shows that there have been over 12 rounds which raised $482 million. Sony is the current one that has invested.
- Discord is known for its unique approach to social media. You can see this in these Discord statistics.
- Its characteristics included servers. Discord now has nineteen million servers active each week.
What Next for Discord
- The company also announced that it will no longer be involved with video games and instead focus on creating a universal communication application.
- Many people came to the platform because of the pandemic lockdown situation.
- Competitors offer $21 billion to Discord. Discord has not yet declined. Discord and Sony PlayStation have been working together since early 2023.
- They are also exploring other revenue-generating methods.
- There are few future-based plans, such as creating small video games in which users can buy various things.
- Partnership with media influencers, artists, and other media to arrange programs with tickets. Then they take a cut from what they have earned.
- It faces stiff competition from other coming-up and growing startups like it. Facebook, Reddit Slack, and Telegram are all examples of this.
- They are required to address the concerns of “socially accountable activists” about the effects of games via video on teens.
- These stats in 2022 reveal that it has a long way to go. It has more to see.
- It has worked tirelessly in the back end to create a society or group of people from different niches to enjoy. Given the amount of competition for applications on society platforms in this space, we believe that it is performing very well.
- These discord statistics shine a spotlight on the widespread use of societies that interact via the internet. They also highlight how easy it is to interact with others through the web world.
- Discord’s future seems bright. Keep an eye on this space.
Barry is a lover of everything technology. Figuring out how the software works and creating content to shed more light on the value it offers users is his favorite pastime. When not evaluating apps or programs, he's busy trying out new healthy recipes, doing yoga, meditating, or taking nature walks with his little one.