Electric Toothbrush Market To Hit USD 7.67 Billion by 2032
Updated · Feb 02, 2024
WHAT WE HAVE ON THIS PAGE
Published Via 11Press : As oral hygiene becomes increasingly important to consumers, the electric toothbrush market continues to experience substantial growth. The rising awareness about dental health and the increasing prevalence of dental problems are major factors driving the demand for electric toothbrushes. People are becoming more conscious about their oral care routine and are willing to invest in advanced products that can provide superior cleaning and prevent dental issues.
Electric Toothbrush Market size is expected to be worth around USD 7.67 Billion by 2032 from USD 3.85 Billion in 2023, growing at a CAGR of 8.20% during the forecast period from 2023 to 2032.
Another key driver for this market growth is the technological advancements in electric toothbrushes. Manufacturers are constantly introducing innovative features such as rechargeable batteries, pressure sensors, multiple brushing modes, and Bluetooth connectivity to enhance user experience and convenience. These developments have significantly improved the efficiency of electric toothbrushes compared to traditional manual brushes.
Moreover, the growing popularity of smart home devices has also contributed to the expansion of the electric toothbrush market. With smart features like timers, reminders, and personalized brushing feedback, these devices offer a convenient way for users to maintain good oral hygiene habits. As a result, more individuals are opting for electric toothbrushes over manual ones due to their effectiveness and ability to integrate with their digital lifestyles.
Request For Sample Report Here: https://market.us/report/electric-toothbrush-market/request-sample/
- The Electric Toothbrush Market is projected to reach approximately USD 7.67 Billion by 2032.
- This growth is expected to occur at a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 8.20%.
- In 2023, the market was valued at USD 3.85 Billion.
- The European electric toothbrush market was estimated at USD 1,743.4 million in 2021 and is expected to grow up to an estimated market size of USD 1,984.2 million by 2030.
- Europe boasted the highest market share – more than 40% by 2021 – within this global industry.
- Asia-Pacific is projected to experience a compound annual compound growth rate of 9.1% between 2022-2030.
- Soft bristles will likely experience compound annual growth rates between 2022-2030 of 7.8% compound annually.
- Electric toothbrushes offer whitening benefits and gum massage, enhancing the brushing experience.
- These toothbrushes feature rotating or side-to-side head movement for effective cleaning of teeth, gums, and tongue.
- The market’s growth is driven by the need for complete oral hygiene, rising dental issues, and a growing geriatric population.
- Unhealthy dietary habits, such as chewing tobacco and consuming sugary foods, contribute to dental problems.
- Electric toothbrushes with pressure sensors and timers help users maintain proper brushing habits.
- Modern e-toothbrushes equipped with AI-enabled systems provide 3D mapping of users’ mouths.
- People with disabilities and various health issues find electric toothbrushes convenient and effective.
- High prices of electric toothbrushes and replacement heads are major market restraints.
- However, increased awareness of oral hygiene among young people and technological advancements support market growth.
- Dental problems create a demand for technologically advanced toothbrushes, boosting the market.
- AI technology integration in toothbrushes is a growing trend, enhancing dental health monitoring.
- Rechargeable electric toothbrushes dominate the market due to their advanced features.
- Battery-powered toothbrushes require a motor and power source for operation.
- Soft bristle toothbrushes accounted for about 90% of revenue share in 2022.
- Sonic technology toothbrushes are expected to grow significantly due to their thorough cleaning capabilities.
- Hypermarkets and supermarkets contribute the most to revenue generation in the industry.
- Online platforms are projected to experience significant growth, driven by the popularity of online shopping.
- The electric toothbrush market is divided into adult and children segments.
- The adult segment is expected to dominate the market due to the growing aging population.
- Children’s segment is forecasted to grow at a CAGR of approximately 7%.
- North America leads the market, driven by rising personal consumption expenditure and the presence of supermarkets.
- Europe is expected to see significant growth due to its aging population and dental health awareness.
- Asia-Pacific is set to dominate the global electric toothbrush market due to the rise in e-commerce and healthcare spending.
- South America is growing due to increasing awareness of good oral hygiene.
- The Middle East and Africa are gaining a significant presence in the market, thanks to growing internet users.
- Some major players in the electric toothbrush market include Koninklijke Philips N.V., Colgate-Palmolive Company, and Procter & Gamble Company.
- In March 2021, Philips and Colgate-Palmolive started a partnership to promote electric toothbrushes in Latin America.
- In September 2022, FOREO introduced the IISA 3 silicone sonic toothbrush.
Facts About Electric Toothbrushes
- Effectiveness: Electric toothbrushes have been clinically proven to remove plaque more effectively than manual toothbrushes. This is due to their advanced brushing techniques, which offer a consistent cleaning experience every time.
- Features: Many electric toothbrushes come equipped with timers to ensure you brush for the recommended two minutes. Additionally, they may include pressure sensors to prevent brushing too hard, protecting your gums from damage.
- Price Range: The price of electric toothbrushes can vary widely. For example, the Oral-B Pro 1000, known for its gum pressure control and ADA acceptance, is priced under $50, making it a budget-friendly option. On the other hand, premium models like the Oral-B iO Series 10 can cost significantly more due to their advanced features, such as a smartphone app that tracks brushing habits and provides personalized tips.
- Battery Life: Some models, like the Philips Sonicare 4100, offer up to two weeks of power on a single charge, making them convenient for regular use without frequent recharging.
- North America: North American’s electronic toothbrush market has matured and become highly competitive over time, as demand continues to surge for these innovative tools. United States and Canada are two primary markets of this region for dental products and services, where increasing awareness about maintaining healthy mouths as well as access to cutting-edge dental solutions is driving market expansion.
- Europe: Europe is an important market for electric toothbrushes, including Germany and Italy as top purchasers, United Kingdom France Italy as leading buyers. This area boasts high levels of dental health awareness as well as strong interest in innovative dental technologies. Oral-B, Philips Sonicare, Colgate-Palmolive and FOREO are among Europe’s major players and should not be discounted from consideration as key competitors in any competitive situation.
- Asia Pacific: The market for electronic toothbrushes within Asia Pacific has experienced fast expansion due to a rise in disposable income, greater awareness about oral health concerns, and use of cutting edge oral care equipment. China, Japan, South Korea and India represent key regions in this market for this market segment. International and local manufacturers both hold significant presences within Asia’s market. Attracting global attention are the likes of Philips Sonicare, Oral-B, Panasonic and JSB Healthcare – among many others.
- Latin America: Latin America is experiencing rapid development for electronic toothbrushes. Brazil, Mexico and Argentina are three leading players in this region’s growing market for these toothbrushes; advancement in health infrastructure as well as rising disposable incomes have played a role in expanding it further. Latin America has several key players such as Oral-B, Colgate-Palmolive and Philips Sonicare who are considered important.
- Middle East and Africa: Electric toothbrush sales across Africa, the Middle East and Africa is gradually rising. Countries such as United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia and South Africa have witnessed growing interest for electronic toothbrushes. Market growth is driven by improvements to dental healthcare infrastructure as well as by raising awareness of oral hygiene practices.
Recent developments in electric toothbrush technology showcase a significant shift towards smarter, more sustainable oral hygiene practices:
- Innovation in Sustainability: Perfora, a leading digital native oral care brand from India, introduced the “Aluminum Toothbrush Electric Handle” in July 2023. This product is distinguished by its use of 70% less plastic compared to other electric toothbrushes on the market, establishing a new benchmark for environmental consciousness in oral care products.
- Rechargeable Electric Toothbrush by Quip: In November 2022, Quip launched its first-ever Rechargeable Electric Toothbrush, an innovative product capable of holding a charge for up to three months. This development represents a significant advancement in convenience and energy efficiency for electric toothbrush users.
- Wireless Charging: The introduction of toothbrushes with wireless charging capabilities, such as the Mode Electric Toothbrush, simplifies charging by eliminating the need for cables. This advancement ensures toothbrushes can be easily charged by placing them on a magnetic dock that connects directly to power outlets.
- Smart Screens: Some electric toothbrushes now feature integrated LED smart display screens that provide real-time feedback on brushing habits, including duration and coverage, with colorful emojis and messages to encourage better brushing techniques.
- U-shaped Brushes: A notable innovation is the development of U-shaped toothbrushes designed to clean all teeth simultaneously through sonic vibrations. Although more research is needed to confirm their effectiveness, these models offer a unique approach to oral hygiene.
- Self-Dispensing Toothpaste: The Nest Toothbrush introduces a self-dispensing mechanism, offering a convenient way to apply the perfect amount of toothpaste directly onto the bristles, ensuring optimal toothpaste usage every time you brush.
- AI Monitoring: Toothbrushes like the Oral-B iO now come equipped with artificial intelligence that monitors brushing across different zones in the mouth, providing personalized feedback to improve brushing habits.
- Sustainability Initiatives: Companies are focusing on reducing environmental impact, exemplified by Perfora’s launch of the Aluminum Toothbrush Electric Handle, which uses 70% less plastic than traditional electric toothbrushes.
- Growing Oral Health Awareness: Increasing awareness about oral hygiene and the importance of maintaining dental health is a major driver for the electric toothbrush market. Consumers are becoming more conscious about preventing oral diseases and are willing to invest in advanced dental care products.
- Technological Advancements: Continuous advancements in electric toothbrush technology, such as improved bristle design, pressure sensors, timers, and smart connectivity features, are driving market growth. These innovations enhance the overall brushing experience and encourage consumers to switch to electric toothbrushes.
- Convenience and Efficiency: Electric toothbrushes offer convenience and efficiency compared to manual toothbrushes. The automated brushing action and various modes cater to different oral care needs, providing a more effective and thorough cleaning experience. This convenience factor drives consumers to opt for electric toothbrushes.
- High Cost: Electric toothbrushes are generally more expensive than manual toothbrushes, which can be a restraining factor for price-sensitive consumers. The initial investment cost and the recurring cost of replacing brush heads can deter some potential buyers.
- Limited Battery Life: The battery life of electric toothbrushes may be a limitation for some users. Although most electric toothbrushes can last for several days on a single charge, frequent travelers or those without easy access to charging outlets may find this aspect inconvenient.
- Emerging Markets: There is a significant opportunity for market growth in emerging economies where dental care awareness and disposable incomes are increasing. These regions offer untapped market potential for electric toothbrush manufacturers to expand their presence and cater to the growing demand.
- Product Innovation: Continued innovation in electric toothbrush technology can unlock new opportunities. Companies can focus on developing eco-friendly toothbrushes, incorporating artificial intelligence for personalized oral care, or integrating features like built-in sensors and monitors for dental health tracking.
- Koninklijke Philips N.V.
- Colgate-Palmolive Company
- Procter & Gamble Company
- Quip NYC Inc.
- Water Pik Inc.
- JSB Wellness
- Lion Corporation
- Shenzhen Risun Technology Co. Ltd.
- Perrigo Company plc
- Den-Mat Holdings LLC
- Other Key Players
The team behind market.us, marketresearch.biz, market.biz and more. Our purpose is to keep our customers ahead of the game with regard to the markets. They may fluctuate up or down, but we will help you to stay ahead of the curve in these market fluctuations. Our consistent growth and ability to deliver in-depth analyses and market insight has engaged genuine market players. They have faith in us to offer the data and information they require to make balanced and decisive marketing decisions.