Top 10 Voice Recognition Software for 2022 May Surprise You!
Updated · Feb 17, 2023
The Future of Speech Recognition: Top 10 Voice Recognition Software
Software For Voice Recognition: What Is It?
Top 10 Voice Recognition Software: Software for voice recognition uses speech recognition algorithms to recognize spoken languages and respond accordingly. In addition, the sound is analyzed by this software, which then tries to translate it into text. These systems are compatible with Android, Windows, iOS, Mac, and Windows Phone devices. Recently we have published podcast statistics that you may like.
Important Note: You might need to focus on your pronunciation if you want this software to be more accurate. You must pronounce each punctuation mark as you dictate the text. Additionally, learning a few instructions like new lines and those for composing, editing, operating the device, etc., will be beneficial.
Voice recognition software or dictation software can record what you say and then type it on a computer. It is useful for people with disabilities and those who cannot type on the computer.
According to Gartner, around 30% of interaction with technology is done through conversations.
According to the BBC, These systems should be capable of correctly recognizing 95% of sound. It is important to speak clearly when using this software. Every person has a unique voice. This is why the speech recognition software should request the voice to be enrolled before the voice can be used.
This software allows you to write the entire document. However, it is important to dictate accurately in order to ensure accuracy. The software can also be used to edit the document. The software supports commands such as ‘Select paragraph’ and ‘Select line.’ It is important to proofread the document after it has been completed.
When selecting software, you should consider several factors such as comprehension, accuracy, setup, ease of use, supported languages, as well as software price.
According to Recent study by Market.us, the global chatbot market size is projected to reach USD 4.3 billion by 2032 at growing at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 19.29%.
In this article, we will discuss the top free voice and speech recognition software for Windows and Mac in 2022.
Top Voice Recognition Software
The most widely used voice or speech dictation software across the globe, along with full descriptions of each, is listed below.
#1. Dragon Anywhere
iOS users will find this software most useful.
Dragon Anywhere is the dictation tool by Nuance that can be used on iOS devices. It is a cloud-based software. It can be used in any language to create and edit any type of document.
It also offers cloud-based speech recognition software. This means you can access the most recent versions of documents anywhere, even from your mobile phone. This application allows you to save text to Evernote. Additionally, other supported formats include .rrtfd, text, .rtf, and .docx.
Dragon Anywhere Features
- It encrypts every conversation you make.
- You can add custom words.
- Voice commands can be used to perform tasks such as import an existing document, send one through email or save it on the cloud.
- To use the software, no personal information is needed.
#2. Dragon Professional
This is the best speech recognition and dictation software overall.
It’s also known as Dragon for PC. It can be used both for personal and official purposes.
Anyone, even students and people who multitask daily, can utilize Dragon Home. Both professionals and small businesses can benefit from using Dragon Professional Individual.
Dragon Professional Features
- This can be synced with Dragon Anywhere.
- You can use Dragon Home to assist you with a variety of daily tasks, such as sending emails, dictating homework projects, web surfing, etc.
- Legal professionals and small offices might benefit from Dragon Legal Individual’s assistance in streamlining their legal documentation.
- Dragon Professional Individual assists working people and small enterprises with document creation and transcription, signature insertion, and vocabulary customization.
#3. Google Docs Voice Typing
This software is ideal for dictation on Google Documents.
Because Google Docs Voice Typing is part of Google Suite, it is the ideal software for pairing voice recognition and dictation with Google Suite. It is a very cost-effective tool.
Google Docs Voice Typing Features
- It can comprehend the speech’s context.
- The command “go to the end of this document” can be used to move the pointer around the document.
- It supports 43 languages.
#4. Google Now
This software is perfect for Android mobile devices.
The Google App’s Google Now feature is part of Google Search. This feature is available on iOS and Android devices. Although it is compatible with iOS devices, it performs the best on Android smartphones.
Google Now Features
- It can be used to perform searches on iOS devices.
- Google Now can be used to open and close apps, send text messages and receive calls on Android smartphones.
- It is fully integrated with the Android OS and may be used for any task.
#5. Google Cloud Speech API
This software is best for recognizing 120 languages.
The long-form and short-form videos can make use of the Google Cloud Speech API. It can also be used to process pre-recorded and real-time streaming audio. It accurately transcribes dates, words, and phone numbers automatically.
Google Cloud Speech API Features
- It recognizes spoken language automatically.
- 120 languages are supported.
- It accurately transcribes punctuation.
- It can filter out inappropriate content.
#6. Microsoft Bing Speech API
This is the best software for accuracy and simplicity.
The speech is converted into text using the Microsoft Speech Recognition API. The application has two options for handling this transcribed text: it can either show it or react to the command. It can convert text to speech in a variety of different languages.
Microsoft Bing Speech API Features
- This API makes the most of speech recognition results for conversion, interactive, and dictation scenarios.
- For continuous real-time recognition, it is helpful.
- For dictation mode, it supports 15 languages, and for conversion mode, it supports 5 languages.
#7. Amazon Lex
This software is ideal for building a chatbot.
The applications create a conversational interface using Amazon Lex. The created bot is compatible with IoT devices, mobile clients, and the Chat platform.
Amazon Lex Features
- There are two different kinds of prompts: those for handling errors and those for confirmation.
- It is compatible with AWS Lambda.
- Integration with AWS Lambda gives an application the ability to trigger the functions, retrieve data, and more.
- It supports 8 kHz telephonic audio.
- You can apply versioning to your own generated Intents, Bots, and Slot Types with the aid of Amazon Lex.
- It can have multi-turn conversations.
This software is ideal for iOS mobile devices.
For Apple devices, Siri serves as a virtual assistant. Siri supports a total of 21 languages. Apple gadgets will come pre-installed with it. . It can react using its own voice.
- Siri can set timers and reminders.
- It will help you discover “Who’s calling you?”
- It also allows you to make and receive calls.
#9. Voice Finger
This software is ideal for customizable command capability.
You can only use your voice to operate the computer when using Voice Finger. There won’t be a need for a mouse or keyboard.
Voice Finger Features
- You’ll be able to complete activities using this tool without ever touching a computer.
- Commands for Windows speech recognition are supported.
- You can control your keyboard and mouse.
This software is the best choice for Windows users.
The virtual personal assistant Cortana is included with Windows phones and Windows 10 systems. Additionally, iOS devices and Android smartphones can use it.
- Checking the weather.
- Music playing.
- French, English, Italian, German, Spanish, Japanese and Chinese, are supported languages.
- Updating the to-do lists, reminders, and calendar.
- Creating a text message and sending it.
Additional Tools For Speech Recognition
e-Speaking is a free speech recognition tool for your PC. There are 100 built-in commands available. It integrates seamlessly with Office. The Windows operating system is compatible with it.
Braina is an application that runs on the Windows OS.
Artificial Intelligence supports it. It works with all software and websites. It can also serve as a calculator. It can also be used to create dictionaries. Additionally, Braina can search and open files for you. It has a unique feature: Braina can keep track of your notes.
#13. Via Talk
This software is a VoIP phone service.
You can use your phone, web browser, or email to check your voicemail. You won’t be able to miss a call because it will be forwarded. The conversation can be recorded and saved.
Tazti is a voice recognition tool that works with the Windows OS.
It can be used to manage applications, video games, and robots. You’ll be able to add your own unique speech commands.
#15. AV Voice Changer Software Diamond
AV Voice Changer Software Diamond can be used to change the voice.
It supports all the most popular VoIP and Instant messaging apps such as WhatsApp and Skype. You can capture audio streams from various applications. It works with any Windows OS version.
Top 10 Voice Recognition Software – The best speech recognition software on the market has been compared in this article.
Each one is suitable for different types of categories. The most effective voice recognition software overall is Dragon Professional. For iOS users, Dragon Anywhere and Siri work well. For Windows users, Cortana is superior.
Google Now is the best choice for Android mobile phones. Google Docs Voice Typing is the best choice for dictation in Google Docs. Amazon Lex is the finest choice for Chatbot development.
Furthermore, each tool has a different pricing policy. Some tools charge for the product while others charge a monthly fee. Others charge based on how many speech requests they receive. Google Docs Voice Typing, Google Now, and Siri are all free.
Barry is a lover of everything technology. Figuring out how the software works and creating content to shed more light on the value it offers users is his favorite pastime. When not evaluating apps or programs, he's busy trying out new healthy recipes, doing yoga, meditating, or taking nature walks with his little one.