Important Safari Statistics For Users To Understand Its Growth In Recent Years
Updated · Oct 10, 2023
WHAT WE HAVE ON THIS PAGE
Safari Statistics: Apple’s Safari surpassed more than 1 billion users in April 2023. With this milestone, Safari has emerged as the second web browser to achieve 1 billion users around the world. In the last year, Apple unveiled multiple new privacy features to its Safari web browser. The company has introduced a new privacy report to Safari that reveals how many and which cross-site trackers ITP are prevented from accessing users’ information. However, Google Chrome is still far ahead of Safari with more than three times the total number of users of Apple’s Safari. Here we will discuss some key findings, facts, and Safari statistics.
Key Safari Statistics (Editor’s Choice)
- As of 2023, in the United States Safari surpasses Google Chrome’s mobile browser market share with more than 55%.
- In 2023, Safari is the fastest browser in the world.
- In the United Kingdom, Safari leads the mobile browser market share with 50.7%.
- Apple’s Safari accounts for 48%of the global browser market share in March 2023 and 18.84% in April 2023.
- Apple’s Safari has grown notably in Europe with a market share of 79%.
- Apple’s Safari has nearly 12% of the mobile user market share in the US.
- Safari has emerged as a tough competitor to Google Chrome in North America.
- Apple’s Safari is considered the safest browser as only 26 vulnerabilities have been identified in Safari in 2022.
- Safari accounted for 11.87% of the desktop browser market share in 2023.
- More than 1 billion people use Apple’s Safari at present.
- Nearly 06 billion people used the browser in 2023.
- Apple released the Safari web browser in January 2003.
- Safari accounts for 84% of the mobile browser market share as of September 2023.
- According to Market.us, By 2032, the Internet Browsers Market size is projected to reach USD 998.1 Bn from USD 201.9 Bn in 2022
General Safari Statistics
#1. More than 1 billion people use Safari browsers around the globe.
In 2023, Safari surpassed the 1-billion-user mark which ranks second place with 19.85% market share. However, it is still far behind Google Chrome in terms of the number of users. It is the second most admired browser in the world.
#2. Safari had around 844 million users in 2021.
In 2021, Safari accounted for 844 million users. The browser has shown pretty decent year-to-year growth.
#3. While Safari follows strongly, Google Chrome is still the most used web browser in the world.
Safari provides the highest online browsing experience to users on all types of Apple devices. It offers a wide range of customization options.
#4. Safari has the highest penetration in the US as compared to Google Chrome.
Apple’s Safari is the leading mobile and tablet web browser in the United States.
#5. Safari has around 53.21% of the mobile browser market share in the US.
Google Chrome falls behind Apple’s Safari when it comes to mobile browser market share in the US.
- As of August 2023, in the United States, the highest market share was experienced by Chrome’s internet browser with 52.28%.
- On the other hand, the second position is secured by Safari with a 30.65% market share.
- Other popular browsers market share is followed by Edge (8.49%), Firefox (3.44%), Opera (2.98%), and Samsung Internet (1.04%).
#6. Chrome has a larger share than Apple’s Safari only in Wyoming among the other US states.
Safari statistics show that it beats Chrome in 49 out of 50 states in the US. Safari has a major share of users in other states.
#7. Safari accounts for 33.52% of the market share in North America.
Apple’s Safari is giving tough competition to Google Chrome in the continent with one-third of internet users accessing the browser.
#8. Apple’s Safari is the second most utilized internet browser in South American regions.
Google Chrome has the largest browser market share of 77.03% in the region.
#9. Apple’s Safari is considered the safest browser so far.
As per the latest findings, Apple’s Safari has turned out to be the safest browser as only 26 vulnerabilities have been found in Safari in 2022.
#10. Apple’s Safari contributes to 19.54% of the global browser market share.
With 19.54% of the market share worldwide in 2023, Safari has turned out to be the second most used browser in the world.
#11. Apple’s Safari has grown notably in Europe with a market share of 18.78%.
Apple Safari has gained momentum in Europe as well with an 18.79% market share.
#12. Since its release, safari saw a decline in the rate of growth only from 2014 to 2015 and from 2017 to 2018.
From 2014 to 2015, Safari saw a drop of -0.71% in the rate of growth, and from 2017 to 2018, the browser witnessed a decline of -0.08% in the rate of growth.
#13. Safari reinstated Netscape Navigator as the default browser for Macintosh systems in January 2003.
Safari launched by Apple is an open-source graphical web browser. iOS, macOS, and iPadOS also support this browser.
#14. Earlier, the founder of Apple, Steve Jobs wanted to name Safari ‘Freedom’.
A former Apple employee disclosed that Steve Jobs fondly wanted to name this browser ‘Freedom’; however, it did not materialize well in the end.
#15. Safari needs around 54 days to mend any security issues.
#16. The browser market share of Safari turned out 19.91% in 2023 which has increased from last year.
#17. Safari accounted for 27.75% of the browser market share in Vietnam in September 2023.
#18. As per the 2023 Safari statistics, the browser has around 2.58% of the browser market share in India.
#19. In Hong Kong, Safari had nearly 38.4% of the browser market share in 2023.
#20. Safari is said to be more than 50% faster than Chrome on average.
#21. Apple’s Safari has a higher browsing time of up to 30 minutes as compared to Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, and Firefox.
#22. Safari has contributed to nearly 52.12% of the Taiwanese mobile browser market and Apple has been leading the Taiwanese smartphone market.
#23. The streaming video time of Apple’s Safari is up to one and a half hours longer as compared to Chrome, MS Edge, and Firefox.
Country-wise Website Traffic Statistics
- In the last month of 2023, the United States of America had 25.46% of total traffic on Safari.com, but it recorded a decrease in total website visitors by 36.46%.
- Other countries recorded the following contribution in total traffic: South Africa (8.71%) decreased by 16.9%, Jersey (2.56%), Maldives (2.47%), United Kingdom (1.97%) decreased by 62.9% and other countries collectively made around 58.83%.
By Marketing Channels Distribution
- As per Apple’s Safari statistics, the highest rate of traffic towards safari.com is by direct search resulting in 55.57%.
- 67% is paid search while 3.10% is from organic search.
- Furthermore, other traffic sources towards safari.com are referrals (0.87%) and Social (0.45%).
Safari’s share of the global browser market has shot up in the last 12 months. Apple’s Safari is the leading mobile and tablet web browser in the United States. With an increase in the rate of growth in all types of platforms, Apple’s Safari is the second most admired web browser in the world. It depends on users if they want to opt for a more secure and private browser like Safari or if they want to use a web browser like Google Chrome that gathers their personal data and suggests ads as per their preferences. However, Safari statistics mentioned above reveal that the browser has a long way to go to outshine Google Chrome in terms of usage and market share.
Safari keeps data of the most visited websites by its users. However, users can disable this option by changing settings.
Safari has been designed in a way to provide full privacy to its users. It has key privacy features such as Intelligent Tracking Prevention (ITP) and Fingerprint Defense that are turned on by default in the browser.
Safari has a better standard as compared to other web browsers. While Safari only supports operating systems that are designed by Apple such as iOS and macOS, Chrome is supported by a wide range of portaging systems such as Linux, Android, and Windows.
Currently, Apple's Safari accounts for more than 1 billion users around the world.
Users can have the best internet access experience while using Safari. It offers incredible customization options and robust privacy protection features. Safari optimizes the battery life of the operating system. When it comes to speed, Safari is considered the fastest web browser available in the world.
Michael Singer is a career coach, podcast host, and author to help you step into a career you're excited about. Currently, He is a coach and trainer helping entrepreneurs and executives achieve business and leadership success. He is also an award-winning business journalist focused on the intersection of technology, Big Data, Cloud, SaaS, SAP, and other trending technology.