Bumble Statistics 2024 By Active Users, Facts, Trend and Revenue
Updated · Feb 13, 2024
WHAT WE HAVE ON THIS PAGE
Bumble Statistics: In the realm of online dating, Bumble has emerged as a prominent contender, capturing the attention of singles worldwide. As a market research analyst, delving into Bumble statistics reveals compelling insights into its performance and significance within the industry. With an estimated annual revenue surpassing USD 500 million USD, Bumble demonstrates substantial financial prowess.
Moreover, its global reach extends to over 150 countries, reflecting widespread adoption and engagement. Understanding these numerical metrics is pivotal in gauging Bumble’s market position and competitive standing, providing valuable insights for industry stakeholders and analysts alike.
- Bumble currently boasts a staggering 50 million users, with 2.3 million of them opting for a subscription, indicating a significant revenue stream.
- The app has been downloaded over 100 million times, solidifying its position as the second most downloaded dating app globally.
- Bumble facilitates an impressive 2 billion matches since its inception, showcasing its effectiveness in connecting users.
- Over 80 million swipes are made daily on Bumble, reflecting the platform’s high user engagement.
- The app operates in over 90 countries, ensuring a broad international presence.
- Despite its popularity, 76% of Bumble users are male, with the average age being 26 years old.
- Notably, 38% of users fall within the 25-34 age bracket, while 5% are aged 55-64.
- A significant 24% of users hold a postgraduate degree, highlighting the app’s appeal among educated individuals.
- On average, users spend approximately 24 minutes daily on the app, contributing to its active user base.
- Bumble boasts 12.3 million daily users and 17 million monthly users, underscoring its consistent engagement levels.
- Impressively, 82% of users are actively seeking a relationship, signaling a strong market demand.
- In terms of revenue, Bumble reported USD 210 million for the first quarter of 2024, with projections indicating a potential USD 1 billion by the end of the year.
- Paying users contribute an average of USD 40 annually, demonstrating a willingness to invest in the app’s premium features.
- Geographically, 50% of Bumble’s revenue is derived from North and Latin America, with Europe emerging as the second most profitable market.
- The app’s growth rate hovers around 3% annually, indicating steady expansion in its user base.
- Gender-wise, women exhibit a higher success rate, with 45% compared to men’s 3%.
- Bumble’s diverse offerings, including BFFs for friendship matching and Bumble Bizz for professional networking, contribute to its appeal and revenue streams.
You May Also Like To Read
- Tinder Statistics
- Wedding Industry Statistics
- Social Media Relationship Statistics
- WeChat Statistics
Why Bumble Is Famous?
Bumble is known worldwide. Everyone has at least used it once in their lifetime. There are some reasons why bumble is more famous than any other dating application.
- The database of bumble is free from any spam.
- It ensures safety in terms of women.
- Bumble has no ghosting problem as it has been banned by the platform. It automatically knows within 24 hours if a person is ghosting.
- Searching for matching friends with the same likes and preferences is easy.
- Bumble has a wide range of gay community.
- Bumble’s platform is user friendly.
- Free subscription has many great options to choose from.
- Bumble gained fame for its unique approach of allowing women to initiate conversations, empowering them in the online dating sphere.
- Bumble introduced innovative features like Bumble BFF for friendship matching and Bumble Bizz for professional networking, attracting users seeking diverse connections.
- With availability in over 150 countries, Bumble has garnered fame for its widespread reach and accessibility.
- Bumble’s user-friendly interface and focus on safety have led to positive reviews, contributing to its fame.
- Bumble’s initiatives, such as donating USD 1 million to local charities and facilitating over 1.5 billion first moves made by women, have enhanced its fame and reputation.
Facts About Bumble
- Bumble’s headquarters is located in Austin, Texas, with a global workforce of 650 employees as of 2021.
- Bumble was founded by Whitney Wolfe Herd in 2014. Despite Wolfe Herd being known as the founder and CEO, she holds only 20% ownership of the company, with Andrey Andreev holding 79%.
- In partnership with Spotify, Bumble allows users to see potential dating partners’ audio preferences.
- Bumble made notable strides in fighting hate speech through a partnership with the Anti-Defamation League in August 2017.
- The company has seen remarkable revenue growth, from USD 10 million in 2016 to USD 694 million in 2022, showing a 30.5% growth in the latter year.
- Bumble users are predominantly female, with a significant 46.2% of its user base being women, higher than many other dating platforms.
- A majority of Bumble users, 72%, are under the age of 35, and 91% of users over the age of 22 have at least a bachelor’s degree.
- Bumble users are highly engaged, with 49% using the app on a daily basis and spending an average of 62 minutes on the app every day.
- The app is considered more for dating than hookups, with 85% of users looking for either marriage or a long-term relationship.
- Bumble’s user base is diverse in terms of geography, with India and the United States being the top countries by user traffic, followed by Germany, the United Kingdom, and Canada.
- New York City has the most Bumble activity in the world, indicating a high demand for dating services in densely populated urban areas.
- Year of Self: 2024 is being called the “year of self,” with singles focusing inward on their own desires, values, and personal growth. This trend emphasizes self-acceptance, emotional vulnerability, and rejecting the constant strive for perfection.
- Age Gap Dating: Increasing acceptance of age-gap relationships is noted, with a significant number of people stating that age is not a defining factor in their dating life.
- Shared Values: Singles are increasingly seeking partners who share similar values, particularly in social causes and politics. Engagement in societal issues is seen as an attractive trait.
- Betterment Burnout: There’s a noticeable rebellion against the rhetoric of constant self-improvement, with many expressing a desire to find happiness in their current state rather than striving for an unattainable ideal.
- Emotional Intimacy Over Physical: Emotional intimacy is becoming more important than physical connection, with singles prioritizing security, safety, and understanding in their relationships.
- Open-hearted Masculinity: There’s a shift in masculinity, with men becoming more open and vulnerable in their relationships. This change is positively impacting mental health and redefining gender roles within dating.
- Rejecting Traditional Dating Milestones: Singles are moving away from traditional relationship timelines, focusing instead on long-term connections without the pressure of marriage.
- Sports as a Shared Interest: A shared love of sports is becoming increasingly important for singles, reflecting broader interests and the desire for shared activities.
- Quality Over Quantity in Dating: The trend of “slow-dating” is on the rise, with singles being more deliberate in their dating choices to protect their mental health and ensure more meaningful connections.
General Bumble Statistics
- The platform reported a robust USD 903.5 million in revenue for the financial year 2022, underscoring its significant financial success.
- Bumble commands a noteworthy 26.04% market share in the USA, positioning it as a major player in the industry.
- The gender ratio on Bumble is approximately 3:1 (male-female), with 32.6% of users being female, highlighting its diverse user base.
- Bumble witnessed 28 million app downloads worldwide in 2022, experiencing a notable 27% increase year over year.
- In the USA alone, Bumble saw 10.7 million app downloads in 2022, reflecting a 26% increase year over year.
- The app garners an impressive average rating of 4.2 out of 5 on the Apple app store, indicating high user satisfaction.
- Over 78% of user reviews for Bumble are positive, further affirming its popularity and appeal among users.
- Bumble offers two paid plans, Boost (USD 16.99/month) and Premium (USD 39.99/month), catering to users’ varying preferences and needs.
- The number of paid users on Bumble increased to 2.3 million as of Q1 2023, contributing to its revenue stream.
- Bumble’s annual revenue growth in 2023 is estimated to be in the range of 16% to 19%, highlighting its sustained financial growth trajectory.
- The platform reported a net loss of USD 114.1 million for the financial year 2022, but only a loss of USD 2.3 million in Q1 2023, indicating potential improvements in profitability.
- Bumble commands a significant market presence with over 100 million registered users worldwide, showcasing its global reach.
- Approximately 91% of Bumble users are under the age of 35, appealing to a predominantly youthful demographic.
- Bumble maintains a substantial share of 36.8% of its user base in the United States, signifying its strong foothold in the country.
- Over 40% of Bumble users seek long-term relationships, emphasizing the platform’s alignment with users’ relationship goals.
- Bumble’s average revenue per user stands at USD 18.47, indicating its ability to monetize its user base effectively.
- The company employs over 600 full-time staff, with a majority based outside the US, reflecting its global workforce.
Bumble Recent Developments
- Leadership Transition: Effective January 2, 2024, Lidiane Jones will take over as CEO of Bumble Inc., succeeding the company’s visionary founder, Whitney Wolfe Herd, who will transition to the role of Executive Chair. This leadership change signals a new chapter in Bumble’s growth strategy, with Jones bringing over two decades of experience in product and business innovation from her previous roles, including CEO at Slack, a Salesforce company.
- Stock Performance and Analyst Ratings: Bumble’s stock has been receiving attention from analysts, with a consensus rating of “Moderate Buy.” Analysts predict a potential upside in Bumble’s stock price, underscoring confidence in the company’s growth trajectory and market positioning. The average twelve-month price prediction for Bumble is $20.46, indicating a positive outlook for the stock.
Bumble VS Tinder
Bumble’s strong competitor is Tinder. Of course, it is not only tinder there are also other applications performing on the same level. But recently tinder and bumble topped the first and second ranks for most used applications. Following is a comparison between Bumble and tinder.
Bumble has some basic features such as video chat, a flexible user interface, a lot of commendable things in the free version, and the strongest security and privacy feature considering women’s safety. Moreover, it has a desktop app as well as a mobile app. The only concern is subscription amount is USD 24.99 every month According to the tag provided by the company, they say that bumble is for those women who want to feel empowered and for men who wish women to make their first move.
Bumble offers a detailed overview of how a person looks, his/her age, area, gender, name, and an option to tell whether you are looking for just a friendship or for someone special. The application will also allow finding preferred people around the distance from your area. Bumble offers safety to women as they can decide whether to go ahead with the man before replying to his messages just by understanding the profile. Moreover, having security features, bumble does not publicly show profile photos of the user even after having a paid subscription.
Just like bumble and every other dating app, tinder also has basic features such as video calling, addictive matching-making features,s and an easy user interface. Tinder is better for those people who are just looking for friends as benefits. Just like bumble, tinder also has mobile and desktop applications with wonderful user interfaces. The most positive thing about tinder is it has only a USD 19.99 rate for subscription per month. Which is lower than Bumble.
While registering tinder offers to enter all kinds of the required information to get to know the person well. Matches are made when both parties swipe right to each other. The profile photo is visible before swiping right. Paying some extra amount for subscribing to higher content gives access to locked profiles.
Who is the winner? – Bumble! But why?
Even though both of the applications have similar features and interfaces, looking at the security and privacy content, bumble wins the heart. Paying extra just to see each other’s locked profiles doesn’t provide any security concerning women’s safety. Today’s digitalized world has more severe problems of privacy for women as well as men. Nobody knows, who data is leaked and used for what videos. Therefore, Bumble wins the race at heart.
In conclusion, an analysis of Bumble statistics paints a vivid picture of the platform’s notable impact within the online dating landscape. With a user base surpassing millions and a revenue stream in the millions of dollars, Bumble stands out as a significant player in the industry. Its substantial market share, reaching 26.04% in key markets, underscores its competitive strength.
Bumble’s innovative features and global reach spanning 150 countries demonstrate its commitment to catering to diverse user needs. Moreover, the platform’s initiatives, such as empowering women to make the first move and fostering billions of connections, highlight its social impact. As market analysts, it’s evident that Bumble’s numbers reflect not just growth but a deeper resonance with users seeking meaningful connections in the digital realm.
Barry is a lover of everything technology. Figuring out how the software works and creating content to shed more light on the value it offers users is his favorite pastime. When not evaluating apps or programs, he's busy trying out new healthy recipes, doing yoga, meditating, or taking nature walks with his little one.